Clutches - at Service Express
Clutches are one of the most forgotten parts on your car. While it’s working you are unlikely to pay much attention to how it works, but if your clutch fails then the problem becomes all too clear. There are a few basic things to look out for. Your clutch pedal should feel responsive when you come off the pedal and give a smooth transition between gears. If there is a juddering to the clutch, or a very soft feel, then it is possible that your clutch is worn.
Five signs that you need a new clutch
- The revs keep climbing but there is little increase in vehicle speed
- Loss of acceleration as the clutch ‘slips’ or a complete loss of drive
- Difficulty changing gears
- Grinding or rattling noise when changing gears
- Engine revs climb or fall of their own accord
If you’re still not sure whether you need a new clutch contact us for a FREE clutch inspection.
Our fully trained technicians can carry out a clutch inspection in less than 15 minutes, so if you are in any doubt then we can look at your car at the best time for you.
If you know you need a new clutch
Call us on 01442 500016
Or if you are not sure you can book a FREE clutch check
where one of our specialists who will confirm if the clutch needs replacing.
To book call us on 01442 500016